Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cha Cha Cha With Louisa Harding!

Cha Cha Cha Bag by Louisa Harding

A girl can never have, too, many purses!

I adore this "snazzy" new flapper-inspired bag by Louisa Harding. She named it Cha Cha Cha . I can't wait to knit it!

Last month when I met Louisa, I was very lucky to see the mock-ups of her new Spring/Summer 2009 books called Nouveau and Deco. The Cha Cha Cha bag is from her Deco book. I hope my local yarn store gets it in soon!

Cha Cha Cha Bag

The Cha Cha Cha bag is knit in Louisa's Cinnabar and Nautical Cotton yarns. I love her color combination for this bag! (Yes, my favorite colors are Turquoise and Lime Green.) I can't wait to shop for some colorful ribbon and a "glitzy" vintage broach for it, too.

Deco Book


Louisa's new Deco book is filled with fabulous "flirty" patterns influenced by her Grandmother's era.

When Louisa spoke about her inspiration for her new books she told a cute story about her Grandmother. She said "it was quite shocking the day her Grandmother chopped off her long hair into a "bob". Back in the 1920's, my Grandma Margaret wore an adorable "bob", too. The "bob" hair style caused quite a stir in it's day. I love our free-spirited Grandmother's stories and how they helped us become the women we are today!

The Deco book should be hitting the stores anytime now. When you see it...you just may want to chop your hair off into a "bob", too!

As in all her books, the models, styling and photographs are gorgeous! All the photography is done by Louisa's husband, photograhper Stephen Jessup. What a talented duo!

All photographs shown here are by Stephen Jessup from the Deco Book at Knitting Fever.

No comments: