Wednesday, September 23, 2009

South West Trading Company Trunk Show

SWTC Trunk Show Event

I love a fashion show! Tonight I went to my local yarn shop Babetta's Yarn Cafe for a South West Trading Company trunk and fashion show.

SWTC (South West Trading Company) is a family run American yarn company run by the mother/daughter duo of Jonette Beck and Jonelle Raffino. Both are lifetime knitters whom were taught by their Nona's (Grandmother's) to knit.
SWTC is known for their high quality and renewable resource fibers. I was familiar with the name SWTC and I seen their ads but I had never looked at their yarns until tonight. I am so glad I went to their trunk show to discover their yarns!

Mariposa Shawl

My favorite design at the trunk show was the Mariposa Shawl. One of the best parts of a trunk show is that you actually get to try the garments on! I was naturally drawn to the pretty and lacey Mariposa Shawl. The moment I tried it on...I knew I had to knit one!

The Mariposa shawl was designed by Merrily Parker for SWTC. It is knit in four skeins of their Bamboo yarn. The Bamboo yarn felt lovely and light. It had a beautiful drape and will be perfect for the California climate. I really like it's unique tie front which is more like a bolero wrap. I can't wait to knit it. You know me though...the flitter knitter, a project like this will take me awhile.

Jonette Beck & Lorna Misner


Another fun part about visiting yarn shop events is that you never know who you'll run into. I just so happened to run into my friend and local celebrity Lorna Miser at the trunk show. Turns out that she and Jonette are yarn industry friends and go way back. Lorna has even designed some fabulous patterns with SWTC yarns.

Thank you to Jonette of SWTC and Babetta of Babetta's Yarn Cafe for this fun event. You turned me into a SWTC customer tonight!

No comments: