Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sew Crafty!

Feeling Crafty!

I haven't been knitting much but...
I have been crafty!

Lately, I'm obsessed with flowers
and
Liberty of London prints!

Sew Crafty

I was pretty excited when Liberty of London and Target teamed up last year.  Let's just say, with Liberty at  Target prices, I stocked up on a lot of scarves.  I'm so glad I did because now I'm getting "crafty" with them.

For my recent trip to London I put together a Liberty ensemble to wear to tea.   I jazzed up my Liberty for Target basic scarf with a cute pom-pom trim and now it looks like it came from a London high-street shop! 

I also upcycled  another Liberty for Target scarf into a big ruffled flower that I can wear as a hair pin or brooch.  I can even pin it on some ruffly tulle and it makes a darling fascinator! 

Ta Da!

I can tell you now, that nothing beats wearing Liberty of London in London!

Of course, I had to wear my Liberty ensemble the day I went shopping at Liberty of London.  The Liberty ladies on the Haberdashery Floor all recognized my accessories made from their famous Liberty prints. 

I also wore my Liberty ensemble to the adorable tea room High Tea of Highgate in Highgate Village (outside of London) and the owner Georgina noticed my Liberty of London accessories, too.  I loved that and loved the tea room, too!

And yes...
I wore my Liberty flower as a fascinator to tea! 

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh how cute! Very fun project...will add it to my to-do crafty list for the fall when kids are back in school and the idea of wearing a scarf doesn't make me sweat. ;)