Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Need for Tweed!

Debbie Bliss Knitting Magazine Fall/Winter 2009

It's time to start thinking about fall knitting.

Tweed appears to be the big knitting trend for fall. I adore tweeds. They are so very British! My knitting teacher Danielle at Knitique says "we are going to see a lot of tweeds this year".

According to Debbie Bliss online her new fall/winter magazine will include updated British country classics in a feature called "The Need for Tweed"! Debbie is also introducing a new tweed yarn called Donegal Luxury Tweed Chunky.

Speaking of tweed, I think it's time I pulled my Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed (discontinued) bag of yarn out of my stash and knit up a cute tweed capelet for fall. I plan on knitting the New Vintage Capelet pattern available on Ravelry.

So the countdown is on. Only two weeks to go until the Fall/Winter 2009 Debbie Bliss Knitting Magazine hits US stores on September 3rd! I can hardly wait! I have really enjoyed the first two issues. How about you?

By the way...has anyone made the Debbie Bliss scone recipe from Issue One? They looked really good!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I also am excited for the release of this magazine! As soon as the weather cools, I plan to make the scones. I have strawberry jam waiting:-0

Unknown said...

Hi Ruth,
Let me know when you make the scones and what time tea will be served!

The Knitting Nest said...

I loved her first two Mags... especially the interview with our gal LH! I forgot that I tagged those scones to make, now I'm inspired - again. And yay for Tweed! I absolutely love the look. Thanks for keeping us updated on what's new and coming...