Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Be Sweet

 Be Sweet Trunk Show

I love Trunk Shows! 

Last month I attended a Be Sweet Trunk Show at Knitterly in Petaluma, California.  It was a fun night complete with lots of sweet treats:  Be Sweet yarns, Be Sweet patterns, Mielie bags,  pink cupcakes and candies, too. 

The best part of this sweet affair though was meeting Be Sweet's owner, Nadine Curtis

 Nadine Curtis
 (Wearing the Au Natural Poncho )

Nadine was just as sweet as could be!  I was awestruck at just how young she is as the founder of such a wonderful and amazing company, Be Sweet.

  I love the Be Sweet story.  Nadine founded Be Sweet in 2003 while living in South Africa, with the principal of being kind to others.  Be Sweet works with job creation programs in South African communities and donates a portion of its profits to educational programs. 

Attention knitters, this is written on the Be Sweet yarn label: 

"Enjoy this beautiful product knowing that you have brought hope into a South African community and that a portion of your purchase is helping support the local school!" 

After chatting with Nadine and knowing  "the world of good" she is doing, I couldn't help but ask Nadine, "why haven't you been on Oprah?"  The Be Sweet story would certainly touch Oprah's heart.  Hmm, maybe there is a way to get Nadine and Be Sweet on Oprah's last season? 

 Try me, Try me!

 I first discovered Be Sweet yarns in 2006 "across the pond" at Loop in London.  I fell in love with Be Sweet's Magic Ball and beautiful mohair yarns.  It was fun to discover later that Be Sweet is now based in my home state of California! 

The Magic Ball is still Be Sweet's most popular yarn.  It was such a fun night at the Trunk Show seeing all the new and exciting products that Be Sweet offers.  Be sure to check out their web site and blog for inspiration and even free patterns.


 Sonoma Scarves

My favorite pattern at the Trunk Show was the Sonoma Ruffle Scarves.  I think they look quite Parisian!  They're knit in Be Sweet's Extra Fine Mohair. I'll be knitting the smaller scarf in the color Sea Green. 

Nadine & Shelli

What a treat to meet Nadine Curtis and discover more of the Be Sweet products in person.  I even wore my Frilly Wrap that I knit with Be Sweet's Magic Ball and Nadine loved it! 

Thank you Nadine and Shelli for another fun filled night at Knitterly!

1 comment:

bdiane said...

You have ALL of the fun girl! Barbie