Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fleurs

Sophie Digard Fleurs

Spring has sprung
and there are flowers everywhere! 

There are even flowers to wear. These beautiful blossoms are by Parisian textile artist and designer,
 Sophie Digard

Sophie Digard Colliers

I spotted these adorable Sophie Digard floral colliers (necklaces) recently at Piccolo,
one of my favorite boutiques in Carmel-by-the-Sea.  

Sophie's hand-made flowers are created out of soft merino wool, mohair, velvet and linen.  Most of her designs appear to be crochet but these floral necklaces seem to be crafted in a variety of needlework techniques.  Her necklace flowers are strung on a cord and are moveable so you can position them how you like.  Pretty crafty!

I admire all of Sophie's clever designs.  If you fell "head over heels" for her scarves...you'll probably love these,too. 

I'm heading over to Paris next month and I can't wait to see how many Sophie Digard Creations, I can spot in Paris.  I'll let you know!

1 comment:

Voie de Vie said...

Love those - very creative.

And definitely have fun in Paris!