Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Blissful Day!

Debbie Bliss Magazine
Fall/Winter 2011

It's a blissful day whenever I pick up the new
 Debbie Bliss magazine.

The magazine's official delivery date isn't until September 6th.  For those of us "in the know",
the magazine usually arrives at Local Yarn Stores before the "big-box" chain stores.  I make it a habit to always dash out to my LYS the moment it arrives.

As for knitting, I don't knit much during the hot summer months here in California.  Debbie's new issue though is already inspiring me to pick up the needles again. 

Before I pick up the needles though...
I couldn't wait to bake Debbie's daughter Nell's Sweet Oat Bars (Flapjacks)
 recipe in the magazine. 

 My favorite feature in every issue is The Blissful Life.  I love that Debbie shares with us her favorite things and features a recipe by Nell in every issue.

Nell's Sweet Oat Bars

Nell's Flapjack recipe is a keeper!  
They taste just like the yummy flapjacks my husband and I love having in England. 

I'll be back soon with a sneak peek of my favorite designs from the issue. 

I'm off now to enjoy a cup of tea,
 a flapjack and my new Debbie Bliss magazine! 

It's a Blissful Day!


(In the photos:  Emma Bridgewater pottery.)

No comments: