Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Laku

Oh, Baby!

Hats off to Designer,
and her delightful shop, 

 Laku

I had the pleasure of visiting Laku 
last Christmas Eve when I was in San Francisco.

The moment I walked in,
I knew I was in a magical place!  

Laku is a whimsical boutique 
where every nook and cranny is filled
with one delight after another!
Besides their magnificent hand-made hats, gloves, scarves, slippers and brooches, 
they carry a wonderful array of vintage jewelry
and antique buttons. 

 I could have spent hours there,
 meandering around...
just like a kid in a candy store!

 Hats & Gloves

I grew up in the end of the era when wearing hats and gloves
 to the city were a must.  

I think it's high time we bring back that tradition and 
Laku's luxurious cashmere gloves could do just that.  
They are scrumptious and the reason I sought out the
Laku boutique.

A year or so ago, while shopping with my knitting friend Daniella in the California wine country we stumbled upon the prettiest hand-made cashmere gloves.  Daniella purchased a pair for her daughter, and the nice clerk told us that they were hand-made by a designer in San Francisco.  

Laku
(Seated left: Design Director, Yaeko Yamashita) 

So, I did a bit of research and found the designer, 
Yaeko Yamashita 
and her lovely store, Laku. 

I'm so glad I found Laku and can't wait to go back.  

If you're visiting the city,
this is the place to treat yourself to a pair of gloves,
a hat, a brooch or
 a delightful hand-made gift
for a friend or loved one. 

Laku 
1089 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 695-1462

Laku is located  in San Francisco's Mission District 
and I highly recommend stopping at nearby Tartine 
for lunch or a sweet treat!

No comments: