Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sheer Bliss!

Debbie Bliss Magazine
Spring/Summer 2012

My Emma Bridgewater mug says it all...

Happiness is a cup of tea 
&
a new magazine!

I just picked up the new Debbie Bliss Magazine
and I've been enjoying it with a cup of tea.  

Here are a few of my favorites from this issue:

Nell's Oat Cakes

One of my favorite features of Debbie's magazine 
is called 
The Blissful Life.

I always dash there to see what recipe 
Debbie's daughter, Nell will have for us. 

This issue she features a recipe for Canadian Oat Cakes 
inspired by her and her "mum's" trip to Canada last year.

I'm thinking those biscuits
would be perfect with a cup of tea!

Rosa's Dress

Oh my gosh,
I love this adorable dress with its knit bodice 
and Liberty of London print skirt!

Debbie says it is, 
"Inspired by the beautiful dresses worn by Spanish children."

I'm so excited that the pattern is in the magazine.
I even have the same Liberty of London print 
(as the model's)
that I purchased at Liberty of London 
in London last year.

Fair Isle Cardigan

In her Editor's Letter,
Debbie tells us 
"I love the seaside 
so I didn't need much of an excuse 
to introduce features with a nautical theme in this issue."

You can see her love for the seaside with her patterns in the sections named 
Simply Stripes and Kids Ahoy.

I like her Fair Isle Cardigan (above)  featured in Simply Stripes. 
I think it has a bit of a "retro"
or "Cath Kidston look"
and is worked in six shades of Baby Cashmerino.  

I also adore the cute seaside cottage 
and all the vintage props they used for the photo shoot!


Chevron Stole

Who wouldn't want to snuggle up at the beach in this?

I have to say,
this Chevron Stole and its color combination
reminds me a bit of 
collaboration with Target last year. 

It's knit in a combination of Debbie's Bella and Angel yarns
which is a much nicer yarn range
than the Missoni for Target,
acrylic items. 

Lace Shrug

This lacy shrug is probably my favorite pattern in the magazine.

It's knit in Debbie's new Party Angel yarn 
that has a gold or silver lurex thread combined with the mohair. 

It's knit in one piece and without any seams.  
Love that!

Oh, Baby!

There are a few new additions in this issue.

In Nell's Diary
Nell writes about her and her mum's experiences on their trip 
to Canada last year.

There is also a new column called Focus on Fiber by 
industry expert, David Watt.

And of course,
it wouldn't be Debbie Bliss 
unless there were some adorable baby designs like the 
little beret above! 

It's another great issue
 and it really does get you in the mood
 for spring and summer knitting!

3 comments:

Teresa Parkins said...

I can't wait to get my copy especially after this lovely taster. Mine is on order from a new local yarn shop.

Ann at Knitting Fever said...

A lovely review of the new Debbie Bliss magazine.

Your comment about the Chevron Stole nails one of the benefits of knitting on the head...the opportunity to create better versions ourselves.

Unknown said...

Thank you ladies!
It's another great issue!