Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Haven

 Haven Scarf

My Haven scarf is finally off the needles!

Haven is a beautiful lace panel knit scarf by Kim Hargreaves
from her 

Kim designed the scarf to be knit in Rowan's Cocoon yarn but
I knit my version in Louisa Harding's Hulda yarn 
to match my Louisa Harding Kenzie beret.  

I think the two patterns, by two fantastic British designers,
makes a very pretty boutique-style set.  
To top it off...
Kim and Louisa are great friends...
so I think they would approve of my pretty beret and scarf set
knit from their patterns!

 My Haven

I started my Haven scarf way back in October of 2010.  
For one reason or another, 
my Haven scarf became a UFO.  
Knitters recognize this term as an "unfinished object".

Knitters often put projects down for awhile 
due to the excitement of starting new projects.  
When a project is put down for a long time,
we knitters refer to this as "hibernation". 

I'm not really quite sure why this scarf went into such a long hibernation?

Haven is a wonderful pattern by Kim and such a pretty scarf.
I wish I would have finished it sooner.

I'm currently on a mission to finish up my UFO's 
due to my upcoming hand surgery.
(I'll write more about that soon.)
I'm so happy, 
I can check this scarf off my UFO list.  

Knitter's Blocks

After my Haven scarf came off the needles,
I couldn't wait to soak and block it.

Pre-blocking my scarf measured 8" x 70".  
After a soak and blocking,
it pinned out to 10" x 84".  
Kim's final measurement is 11" x 84" so my version 
came out very close.  
I am very pleased with this project.

To block this scarf,
I used my new Knitter's Blocks for the first time.
Love them!

3 comments:

Teresa Parkins said...

Lisette this is so beautiful and I love Hulda so I can imagine how cosy this will be as well as pretty. I hope you operation goes well and you are soon back to your needles:-)

Jules said...

It's beautiful! I love that color of Hulda. The whiteness of snow would really set it off :o)
Good luck with your surgery, and let us know how you're doing.

Tina said...

This is beautiful. It looks so soft and cozy.