Thursday, September 27, 2012

With a little help from my friends...

 Louisa Harding Charity Event

I believe one person can make a difference...
and a group of knitters can make a huge difference!

My plans are in full swing now for my Louisa Harding Charity Event.  I could not be doing this event without a little help from my friends and the kindness of strangers whom I have never met.  

I have received fabulous support from the knitting industry, local knitters and even a few famous British ladies.  Mum's the word for now...but I will be revealing some exciting details for the fabulous prizes and silent auction very soon!

I have shared the event details with Louisa and she told me, 

 "When I decided in January to take on this trek, I had the idea that I could raise funds by asking my knitting friends to help.  I really had no idea that they would be sooooo supportive. 
 It really has been over whelming."  


Sardi Hat

So like Louisa, I am enlisting a little help from my friends
and fellow knitters to embrace
Louisa's Himalayan Hiking Hats 
and help raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.

I will be offering Louisa's Sardi and Karuwa
Himalayan Hiking Hat kits 
 for a *donation at my Louisa Harding Charity Event. 
And as mentioned above, there will also be a fun prize raffle and silent auction. 

Karuwa Hat

And the fun will not end that night... 
With a hat kit donation, you qualify for my "FREE" 
Louisa Harding Charity Knit-Along Class 
at Knitique on Saturdays, 
October 13th and 27th from 4:00PM  to 6:00PM
for support and help knitting your hats. 

You're Invited!

Louisa Harding Charity Event
Friday, October 5, 2012
6:00PM to 9:00PM
Knitique, A Yarn Boutique
8741 Elk Grove Blvd
Elk Grove, CA 95624
RSVP (916) 714-7719


For more information and to donate for Louisa's Himalayan Hiking Hats,

*minimum hat kit donation is $25.00

Louisa Harding Himalayan Hiking Hats photo credit:
Stephen Jessup

1 comment:

Voie de Vie said...

All the best luck and karma with this fundraising event. And I do hope your local class is well attended!