Monday, October 22, 2012

Companies that Care!

 Himalayan Hiking Hats

My Louisa Harding Charity Event
all started with an idea I had and a big box of yarn.
I'm still pinching myself that my little idea has now raised over $1,600.00
for Macmillan Cancer Support.
 I have to say, this was all made possible thanks to
some very generous companies and people
that really, truly care.

I would like to take this time to thank the companies
that embraced my fund raising ideas to help raise money for
Louisa Harding's effort for Macmillan Cancer Support.

 Louisa Harding Yarn

First off, 
I owe a huge thank you to Louisa's American yarn distributor,

I took a chance and wrote them a letter about my fund raising idea.  To my surprise and delight, a week later, a huge box of Louisa Harding Thistle yarn arrived
and my idea of a fund raiser became a reality.  

"Thank you" Knitting Fever for your Thistle yarn donation 
which I turned into Himalayan Hiking Hat kits featuring
Louisa's Karuwa and Sardi hat patterns.

Thank you so much for being a company that cares! 

 Soak Sample

Once I was making up my Himalayan Hiking Hat Kits,
I wrote to Soak Wash to see if they could kindly donate a
  Soak Sample for each kit.

Soak is my personal favorite wool wash of choice and my
knitting teacher Danielle Bowen of Knitique, A Yarn Boutique
taught me to always soak my knits because the stitches will settle down and look so much nicer.  Years ago I was so afraid to soak my knits...now I can't wait to soak my projects and watch them come to life!

"Thank you" Soak Wash for generously donating a
Soak Sample for each of my Himalayan Hiking Hat kits!

 Interweave Books

I have just about every Louisa Harding book ever published
in my personal knitting library.

When I decided to have a fun Raffle Drawing at my event, I contacted Interweave Books to see if they would donate a book or two.  They did not hesitate and sent three
 Louisa Harding books that they have published:
Natural Knits for Babies and Moms,
Knitting Little Luxuries and Knitting in the Details.

The books were a big hit and the Raffle Prize Drawing alone
raised $168.00 at the event!

Danielle Bowen
Owner of Knitique, A Yarn Boutique

It was one thing to have an idea but another to find the right venue for my event to be a success.
I turned to my knitting teacher and friend Danielle Bowen, the owner of Knitique, A Yarn Boutique.  It seemed quite fitting to have the event at Knitique because the first Louisa Harding books I ever saw, led me to Knitique and Danielle for knitting lessons.  An added bonus is that Knitique is the cutest and "hippest" yarn boutique around.

Danielle also donated some fabulous prizes for the Raffle Drawing.  She is also graciously hosting my upcoming Silent Auction at Knitique while Louisa is on her
Nepal Hike from November 1-11, 2012
 to raise even more funds for Macmillan.

My "heart felt" thanks to all these wonderful companies that truly care.  Together with their help and donations,
we have all made a difference.

Please patronize these wonderful companies
and support them whenever you can!

1 comment:

crochetemoda said...

Lindo! Beautiful!
kiss,
http://crochetemoda.blogspot.com
Zilma
from Brazil