Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day

My "Cameo" Shawl

"April showers bring May flowers"!

Today is May Day.
On this day of celebrating spring...
I always think of beautiful flowers, ribbons and dancing around a Maypole.

Pretty Flowers & Sari Ribbon

Since it's May Day,
I felt it befitting to share with you, my flower embellished "Cameo" shawl.

The Cameo shawl by Louisa Harding graces the cover of Pretty Knits by Susan Cropper (from Loop in London).  The moment I saw that cover, I knew I had to knit it!  Louisa's Cameo shawl is my all-time favorite piece I have ever knit.  It's description in Pretty Knits sums it up perfectly:

"This lace stitch shawl in colors inspired by a "cameo" brooch is the height of divine knitting.  The drape and the attention to detail will make you feel gorgeous as soon as you put it on.  The flower corsage closure, replete with ribbons and buttons, makes it even more exquisite."

I changed the colorway of my Cameo shawl version to more resemble the colors of a Wedgwood blue cameo.  It made it's debut appearance a few years back when I wore it to afternoon tea at the Pump Room Restaurant while on holiday in Bath, England.  I like to think that both Louisa Harding and Jane Austen would approve of my wardrobe choice!

No comments: