Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Jesse

Jesse

No matter where you hang your hat...
you're sure to love Louisa Harding's new Jesse collection!

The Jesse collection features Louisa's new cotton yarn Jesse supported by her Jesse pattern book featuring 13 projects for hand knitting.  Daisy Duke, Oakley, Dixie and Miss Kitty are just some of the projects that fill the pages of  Jesse and contribute to its adorable "Western theme" charm.  Don't worry if you don't own a pair of cowboy boots because Louisa has designed and "styled" the projects in Jesse to appeal to both "country gals" and "city girls" alike!

Here's a quick little "roundup" of some of the projects in Jesse:

Dixie 

Meet Dixie.  

I think the Dixie top is very "figure flattering" with its "cinched" waist.   Louisa's one-color version (shown above) features a neat "western style" leather throng tie in lieu of ribbon.  Dixie would look great worn over a cotton summer dress or paired with a cute top and a faded pair of "old blue jeans".  Cowboy boots optional!

Oakley

Here's Oakley.  

There's no denying...
The Oakley top would look great worn with a pair of Wranglers, Levi's or even a cute denim skirt.  And, you don't have to be a cowgirl to love the Oakley top...city slickers will want to knit this top, too!

 Elsie

 Meet Elsie.

I think Elsie is the perfect addition to everyone's summer wardrobe.  Louisa designed Elsie to be knit as a striped shrug (as shown) or as a solid color capelet as well.  You can see the Elsie capelet version by viewing the complete Jesse collection at Knitting Fever

 Mae

Well hello there, Mae!

I love the Mae Bolero.  
Mae can be knit as a two-color bolero (as shown) or as a one color bolero with a leather throng (cord) neckline tie.  I think Mae can "set the stage" and turn any summer outfit into a "show stopper"!  

Miss Kitty

Hello Miss Kitty.  

Miss Kitty is one of the prettiest tops in the book.  Miss Kitty also graces the cover of Jesse photographed in the solid-color version.  I love the rich "denim look" of the Miss Kitty cover shot which is knit in Jesse, shade 109 Indigo.

Daisy Duke

Aww, Daisy Duke.  

With a name like that, one can't help but think that Daisy Duke should be worn with a pair of short "cut-off" jeans.  For most knitters though, the Daisy Duke top will pair-perfectly with jeans, capris or even a pretty floral skirt for summer.  

Well there's your sneak peak at the Jesse book.  A nice new feature of Louisa's new spring/summer pattern books is that she now lists the height of the model photographed in her books.  The projects in Jesse are photographed on a 5'9" model.    


Jesse Book Giveway

Now for the fun part!  After you view Louisa's new Jesse collection, leave a comment here on my post and tell me your favorite design from the book and you'll be entered into the Jesse book giveaway.  Three of my "lucky" blog readers can win Louisa's new Jesse book thanks to Knitting Fever.

So leave a comment on this post before Tuesday, May 14, 2013.  Three randomly selected people will each receive a copy of the Jesse book.  Book prizes will be mailed out by Knitting Fever.  US residents only.  Void where prohibited.   One comment per person.  Please leave your name along with an email or Ravelry name in your comment for me to contact you if you win.  

 Good luck!

(Jesse book images used with permission.  Photo credit:  Photographer, Stephen Jessup.)

45 comments:

Cheryl said...

My favorite is Jesse...in that same color. It would look beautiful to wear to dinner at the Lake!

Marblemount Homestead said...

I wouldn't mind making the cute "Miss Kitty"!

Anonymous said...

I like Oakley. Jennifer Swanson
jenniferswanson1@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Daisy Duke of course!

Lindr said...

Miss Kitty, without a doubt. Perfect for this spring weather!

Sarah said...

I think Miss Kitty is one of my all time favorite Harding tops! The blue color is just perfect! Look forward to seeing the pattern and finding out if the pattern is an easy one to follow/remember as you knit along.

Anonymous said...

I'd have to choose Daisy Duke - it is flattering on all figure types and a beautiful design! Rav ID: jls123

Anonymous said...

Love Miss Kitty and Daisy Duke!!
Cindy B.
cinmanbear@cableone.net

Unknown said...

I love the Daisy Duke, and the Miss Kitty, and the Oakley... It would be my first pattern with a lace look ~ It would be worth stepping out of my comfort zone to make any of them! ( :
Nikki... c.nikki.lea@gmail.com

Mary Beth said...

I think Dixie is my favorite...it's hard to pick a fav when so many Louisa Harding patterns are sooo good.

Anonymous said...

Oakley! In every color combination possible.
-Judi (ravelry: shikairi)

Cynthia said...

My fav is Daisy Duke .... stunning, fun and fab! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'ld go with Daisy Duke. Great summer top, an I love the color it's in too.

Linda said...

I would love this book!! The tops are perfect for spring and summer weather!!!

Laurie said...

Love Elsie!

laurie_snow(at)hotmail(dot)com

Pamelita Lamas Gutierrez said...

I am loving ALL of these tops! They are the cutest I've seen in a group ever! AWESOME!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I like them all, I think I would start with "Jesse"!

Anonymous said...

I think the Oakley would be fun to make

R J Sewell said...

cute tops. I am torn between Miss Kitty and Oakley. Miss Kitty is my favorite.

Sigrid said...

My favorite is the Oakley. I love the frills at the bottom. :-)

Elaine said...

I really like the longer sleeved Oakley. It rocks!

Unknown said...

Love the Oakley and the color combo posted on facebook looks great ;-)

Amber said...

Love Daisy Duke.....

Coleen Pontejos said...

I love the Daisy Duke! They are all so cute it is hard to pick!

Unknown said...

Eneie, meenie, miney, moe Miss Kitty!

Anonymous said...

Mae, for sure! Rav ID is TeachPhysics

P.S. You and I have both made Louisa's Cameo Shawl!

Susan said...

What a hard choice because they are stunning. My favorite though is Miss Kitty followed by Emily

Tammy Lyons said...

I think Oakley is just adorable, but all of these patterns are super-cute. Could really see myself working through this book. freckledotsquilts@gmail.com

Unknown said...

By far, Miss Kitty is my fav, would be great all summer and well into Indian summer!

Janis Gerner said...

Elsie and Oakley are my favorites in any color combinations that I have see for a while. I can hardly wait to see the patterns.

Anonymous said...

LaurelFaye
They are all lovely! I'd make first probably the Daisy Duke. Awesome Summer top

Anonymous said...

Like them all, but I think the Daisy Duke is my favorite...not for me, but for my daughter, who seems to get the largest majority of what I make. Thanks for doing this giveaway. Very kind of you! Ricki

Ravelry username: rickisuzanne

Unknown said...

Like Miss Kitty, Daisy Duke & Oakley, tough to pick just one :D Christine Sheetz
sheetzohana@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

I love the Daisy Duke. Love the pattern, the color, and the style. I just wish I was 30 years younger, then I could wear that. My name is phyllis meengs at pjmeengs@ameritech.net.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for inviting all to drool over your collection ...they're all beautiful ....I know my granddaughter would love the Miss Kitty .....Flitter on ......

Cheryl Stetz said...

I love the Daisy Duke for myself. The Jesse would be great on my daughter!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful ...how could one pick ....thk you for sharing ......bigredmoose92627@yahoo.com ..

Carroll said...

OOOH! I want to knit Elsie. It's beautiful. And it's my grandmother's name so it jumped out at me right away. Thank you for your fabulous designs!!

mellonhead said...

I love the Mae! It's perfect for Texas summers when you are wearing a summer tank top or dress and walk into an air conditioned building! I always need something to throw over my shoulders.

Unknown said...

The cover color of Miss Kitty is my favorite.

Sonia Schmeltzer said...

My favorite is miss kitty, my daughters nick name is kitty and it would look great on her. I can't wait to get started.

Terri said...

I never thought I would say this - I love me some Daisy Dukes!

Mabel said...

Dixie! I've been looking for shrug patterns and making a cape right now. This looks right for the styles I've been looking for :) Its cinch indeed boosts the body lines.

Debbie Will said...

I love them all. It's hard to choose just one But I think Miss Kitty is probably the most versatile, so that should be the one I make first.

j kelly said...

I love the Daisy Duke. It is so versatile and a great color.