Monday, June 8, 2009

Shopping at Websters!

Websters in Ashland, Oregon

I'm vacationing on the beautiful Oregon Coast. Lucky for me...one of the best parts of driving up from California to the coast is stopping in Ashland, Oregon.

I love the quaint town of Ashland, Oregon. I love shopping at it's cute boutique stores and it's wonderful yarn store Websters. Websters is one of the best stocked yarn stores that I have seen on the west coast.

Bizoo, Bizu
by Louisa Harding

Websters carries a great selection of Louisa Harding yarns and books. I always arrive with a shopping list in hand for Louisa Harding items.

On my recent visit, I was excited to find Louisa's new baby book Bizoo, Bizu. I love the adorable baby hats in the book.

I recently asked Louisa on Ravelry if she could give her resource for the sweet ribbons she used in Bizoo, Bizu. Louisa promptly replied with an online source in the UK called East of India. Thank you Louisa!

Shopping at Websters, I also lucked out and picked up some discontinued Louisa Harding yarns that I have been hoping to find!

Katie's Tinkerbell Scarf

Katie is one of the nice sales associates at Websters. I admired her felted silk Tinkerbell scarf example in the store. I asked Katie if she would mind modeling her scarf for me. She was a trooper and said yes! The needle felted Tinkerbell scarf kit is by Pagewood Farm.

I bought the scarf kit and Katie gave me a few tips for the Tinkerbell scarf. For the needle felting she recommends using the needle felting mat by Clover and the Clover needle pen, too, for best results.

My silk scarf kit is called Abalone and is in shades of blue. The kit contains 1 hand dyed silk scarf and 1 package of Tinkerbell fluff for felting. This will be my first needle felting project. I am excited to try it!

If you find yourself in Ashland, Oregon, be sure to stop in and shop at Websters. I know you won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

AmericanKnitter said...

Ah Ashland.

One of my favorite towns. I have been to Webster's myself. And is IS a well stocked store indeed.

Hope you are enjoying Oregon.

Drink some Lithia water while you are there. It's good for you!

;-)

A Camilla Guild Memeber!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment! Say hello to me at the next Guild meeting!

Carson R said...

Appreciate you blogging thiss